Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our New Addition

The other night I was just sitting down to relax and watch T.V. without kids, when I heard a crazy noise. I went to investigate and my search lead me to the laundry room where I had recently started a load of laundry. The washing machine was on the spin cycle, but it wasn't spinning, and it was making the most horrible noise. Clay came in to see what he could do (Clay is one who can fix just about anything). After tearing it apart, he found that the transmission was not just bad, but shredded! So we got right on the Internet and started looking for a new machine. There is a little Sears in Jackson, and they just happened to have their appliances on sale. We went back and forth on buying a front load or a top load. After reading very mixed reviews on front loads, and talking to a friend who HATES hers, we decided to get another top load. I found a machine that I really liked online, so Clay's job was to go to the store and see if they had that model in stock. Of course, with my luck, they wouldn't have one for at least a week. Clay knew that he could not call me and tell me this, so he talked the salesman into selling him the floor model. Clay also arranged for a friend to pick it up and deliver it to me that night - what a great guy I have. I have now used my new washing machine several times. It has this really cool auto sensor that automatically puts in the right amount of water needed for the amount of clothing you put in. I am so happy to have a working machine, I can actually say that I am all caught up on my laundry (no, it is not all put away :)).


She's a Beauty

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Very nice! We bought a washer and dryer when we moved here three years ago. I wish I would have gotten the water saving model. Water is so expensive here.