Monday, January 19, 2009

Little Black Skirt

The second year we were married, Clay gave me this beautiful black leather pencil skirt. I was quite impressed that he could pick something like that out for me and it actually fit (a little snug though). Sunday morning I was getting ready for church and put my new shirt on with a different skirt. I asked Clay if the outfit looked okay, he thought I should try wearing my black leather skirt instead. I haven't wore this skirt for years! After 8 years of marriage and two kids, I haven't been able to even come close to fitting in it. I decided to give it a try. When I asked Clay to zip me up, he about died. Not only did it fit, but it fit even better than when he first gave it to me. I was so excited that all my hard work has payed off. Clay told me that I was thinner now than when we got married. I am so glad that I didn't give up on myself and send the skirt to D.I. Now I have a great dinner outfit to wear on the cruise. I will have to post pictures. Only 2 weeks and 5 days!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that must feel so great! That gives me some good motivation. There are certain things I would still like to fit into again.

Anonymous said...

Good job! That is awesome!