Thursday, January 15, 2009

It is about time!

Okay, so I haven't posted anything for over a month now! I keep telling myself everyday that I need to update my blog. But each day seems to come and go, and I have not found time, or anything clever to blog about. I am one who seems to think that I have to have a picture to post each time. I guess my writing seems to be a little boring to me, so I need some visual interest. I am going to start trying to post a few times a week, with our without pictures.

Here is a rundown of my week so far. Clay's dear Grandma has been in the hospital very sick. Over the weekend we didn't think she would even make it. Last night we took the kids to go and see her, she looked great! She is having problems with her heart. She also has severe asthma and allergies which have gotten in the way of treating her. Hopefully she will be able to go home soon.

Beau has really been a stinker this week. I can tell him to not do something 100 times, and yet he still does it. He has been told not to get into my cupboards or pantry, but every time I have my back turned he is getting in to things. Yesterday, while I was getting Bailey's hair done, he decided he wanted chocolate chips. I keep them up high just for this reason. He decided to get the crate of milk bottles to step on. This proved not to be so good of a technique when the crate crashed over. I came into the kitchen to find broken glass all over the place. I was so mad!! I have been trying to control my temper with him, but this was not the time. I will admit to saying some not so choice words and giving him a good spanking while sending him to time-out. You would think he would learn a lesson, but this morning while I was getting Bailey ready, I caught him yet again in my cupboards trying to get jerky. I need help!!

Yesterday I also had Bailey's yearly IEP meeting at school. I was amazed to see how many people are involved with my little girl. There were 8 adults there to discuss Bailey's progress and new goals. She has made such amazing progress since she started school. I am so very pleased with special education program our district has. If Bailey need anything, it is done or ordered without any questions. Everyone cares so much for my little girl. We are so blessed to live in such an amazing community and school district. I know many people would pay a lot of money to get the kind of education Bailey is getting, again we are so very blessed!

I am going to try to take time for me the next few days. Today I am going to go and buy me new shoes to treadmill with. Mine look brand new, but according to Bailely's P.T., I need to replace them. My knee has been bothering me, and he said it is because I have put so many miles on my shoes. So, I guess I will be shopping today, oh darn. Tomorrow I am getting a babysitter for a few hours and going to the salon. I am going to tan a little and get my nails done. I know that sounds a little extravagant, but this mom needs a little pampering. Saturday we have planned a trip to Logan to see some friends of Clay and my BFF in the world! I am excited to spend time with my Chaser and maybe sneak in a little shopping :)

Well, I really am going to try to post more often. I guess if I can post more often, you won't have to be bored with my long and detailed posts! Have a great day and weekend!

5 comments:

amy said...

We'll do some clubbing and pole dancing while you're here like Ellen and Paris Hilton did on their BFF night out!!! By which I mean clubbing our children if they get out of hand, and I misspelled pole and meant polka dancing!!!

Skinner Family said...

I knew you were my BFF for a reason! Can't wait until Saturday.

Melissa said...

Man, sounds like you have a little Dennis the Menace on your hands. He sure is cute though. I bet it is hard to stay mad at him very long. Good for you that you are doing some nice things for you. It is amazing how much I cherish getting my hair done or a pedicure since I've had kids. That is also nice to hear that there are many people to love and help you with your daughter. It will be cool to read more updates. Sometimes I don't post pictures either.

Melissa said...

Oh, here is another weird coincidence for you. My daughter's middle name is Bailey.

Skinner Family said...

Melissa -
I think we have been on the same wave length and didn't know it. How funny that we haven't heard from each other in so long, and yet we have so much in common.