Monday, July 7, 2008

Mom


As most of you know, I lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could call her up and talk, I miss her dearly. She was the most Christ-like person I know and my best friend. I don't think my mom had a selfish bone in her. She was only able to spend a brief time with my children, so I make sure they know her through my memories and pictures. I know she has a special purpose and watches out for us when she can. This year I was a team captain for a Relay for Life team. What a wonderful event! It was such a great way for me to remember my mom and fight back. Thank you to everyone for their support and especialy your donations. I plan on participating in the Relay every year. I love you mom.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for making me cry right after I finished doing my makeup! Welcome to the blogging world it's quite addictive and the pictures you have posted already are gorgeous!

Jense Family said...

I too only got to know her for a short while, but grew to love her dearly. She will truly be missed!

Natalie said...

Jeralyn, wow it is sooo fun to see your family and catch up on old times. Your mom was truly an amazing lady always willing to do anything for you or anyone who needed help.

Your family is darling and your kids are beautiful, they take after you. ha ha!

I love where you live, living out here in busy camarillo, california, Scott and I definatley are ready for the simple life.

It is soo good to see you are doing well. I would love to chat so email me or leave me a note on my blog anytime. sampson.natalie@gmail.com or lifeasasampson.blogspot.com Keep in touch and have a great day! love NAT

Esther Ogden said...

That was really sweet, Jeralyn. You are such a kind person and it is easy to see that your mom has passed that on to you. I love you. =)

P.S. Our blog is www.jayandess.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Jeralyn,

Hey I forgot to leave my blog address: it is lifeasasampson.blogspot.com. I would love to hear from you and see how life is in good old Star Valley. Hope life is treating you well and I look forward to hear from you.