Thursday, July 24, 2008

Boating with my family

While we were in town for Grandma's funeral, Jeremy took his family, Amy's family, and my family boating. It was a perfect day out on the Lake, no wind and plenty of sunshine. My kids LOVE the water and are not a bit scared. Every time we would stop to get someone out or in, Clay would throw both kids overboard. Beau is getting pretty good at doggy paddling back to the boat. Bailey and Beau both had their first experience riding on the tube. They thought that was great, Bailey would have stayed on all day. Clay is getting really good at both wake boarding and slalom skiing. I am sometimes a whimp and play it safe in the boat, but I decided to put some skiis on and give it a go. I did good, but man am I getting old! After about 5 minutes of going in and out of the wake, I was exhausted and my legs gave out. We stayed on the Lake until dusk, then went in and ordered Cafe Rio to go. It was great spending the day with my sisters and their cute kids.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun time out on the lake! The water is always a fun place to relax and soak up the sun. I know what you mean about getting old. When I was in town awhile back, Doug took us out, so I tried Wakeboarding. My arms about fell off after 5 minutes and I got a cramp in my leg and couldn't move. I think I am still a youngen until I try to do something like that! Soo fun to hear that you are doing well. You look great and your family is beautiful!

Jense Family said...

How Fun!! I am glad your kids love the H2O. Nothing like spending quality time with family.