Friday, February 27, 2009

Final Cruisen

After we got off the boat, we stayed in Miami a few more days. I wouldn't really recommend Miami as a great place to vacation, but we managed to have a lot of fun. On our first day in Miami, we drove down to Biscayne Beach and spent a few hours soaking up the sun and resting. Somehow I didn't get any pictures here, maybe it was because of the distractions of the frolicking men on either side of us :) After we left the beach we drove down by South Beach. I can't begin to describe the many flavors of people we saw, and all the fancy cars. It was fun to just people watch, it really felt like we were in a whole new world, without doughnuts.

Our last day there we decided to go over to the Everglades. This was really fun!! I would love to take Beau back there. We went on an air boat ride and saw a few alligators. The ride was really loud, fast and pretty fun. After the ride we went to an animal show, and as you can see, got to handle some of the animals (this was my favorite part).
After the Everglades we headed down to Key Largo. I really would have liked to see more of the Keys, but we didn't have the time. We went to a State Park and bought tickets to go out on a boat and snorkel on a reef. This was the most beautiful reef I have ever seen, okay so it is the only one. We all had a great time. Jeanna, who was terrified of sharks, was the lucky one who got to see one up close and personal.
We finished out vacation by eating dinner at a great little diner in Key Largo, rocking our 10 passenger van around, and driving the wrong way on a one way road. What fun times! I will never forget this trip and all the fun I had with my family.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

We did a lot of the same things in Miami but I'm sure you had more fun because you didn't have the kids. I remember South Beach because I was trying to get a kid to nap on the beach and the wind was blowing sand in my eyes. I was so mad because we spent so much money on the trip and I was not having fun. That place is more for the "frolicking" types. You should see Key West on your next trip. It was my favorite.