Monday, January 18, 2010

Reagan Jean Skinner

It has been a week since my little girl made her grand entry, I am finally feeling a little better. Here is the short version of her birth: I have been struggling with my blood pressure for a few weeks, and the weekend of the 9th, I had to go to Star Valley hospital for a night to be observed. On Monday the 11th, I went up to Jackson hospital for more labs and observations. While there, by blood pressure remained high, so they decided to induce me. After getting that started, the doctor realized that the baby was breech. After a very painful and unsuccessful attempt at turning her, the decision was made to do a c-section. Reagan was born at 2:40 pm, she weighed 5lbs. 15 oz and was 16 inches long. She was just over 3 weeks early and healthy as can be. The recovery has been difficult, but I have had a lot of help. Here are a few pictures.

I finally get to hold my new baby!
Going home from the hospital
Beau finally gets to hold his baby sister!
Getting kisses from Bailey.
I finally got dad to pose for one picture.
Cousin Rylee came up to visit and help me out.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. I am giving you a couple of weeks and then I will be up to take you to lunch and see the kids.

~Carolyn Beth said...

Ugh c/s recovery stinks! I felt so bad when I heard you had to get one. Hope you heal up fast! She is cute as could be!

Jaymie said...

Congrats!! I was shocked when I heard the news. I can't wait to come and meet her. Hope the kids are adjusting well and your sanity is holding out =) I will call a bug you in a few days.

Joanie said...

What a precious baby! I am so sorry that you had to have a c-section! It is so hard to recover from major surgery AND have a newborn! Hugs to you all.

Jense Family said...

Wish we were there to see her. Give her lots of love from all of us. She is beautiful.

Jense Family said...

I wish I lived closer also. I would love to do a newborn session for U!!!! Dang it. Hope all is well and you are getting along ok.

Catherine Andrews said...

Congrats!! I am glad that everything is ok. What a beautiful baby!!

Unknown said...

Hi, we just had our babies on the very same day! Our little girl, Sumeyye, was born on Monday, 11 January, too :) So they are now both 4,5 months old and very, very cute and lovely. Differently she only has an elder brother, Taha. Actually we had a blog for him, www.kilicailesi.blogcu.com, but now there is just no time to update it :)
Best Regards and kisses to your lovely kids,
Murat
muki3@hotmail.com