Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

I am finally getting my Christmas blog done. We had a really nice holiday. I was able to get permission to travel down to my family party the weekend before. We had our traditional ham and funeral potato dinner - my whole family was able to make it. This year my dad decided to split up my mom's Disney Snow Globe collection. While we all together, we were able to each pick some out to take home. This was much more emotional than I thought it would be, there were a lot of tears shed. I am very excited to have 8 of my mom's beautiful globes and one of her cabinets to put them in. Beau and Bailey love to look at them and wind them up.

Christmas Eve wouldn't be the same without going to Grandma Erickson's. I love getting together with Clay's family. It is tradition that Grandma reads the Christmas story while some of the kids pose in a nativity scene. The most special part of the night is when Grandma bears her testimony and we all kneel in family prayer, that is what it is all about.

Christmas morning was wonderful! Both my kids were so excited to open their presents. This year Bailey really understood what opening presents was all about. She would get her present half way opened, then get real excited about what was inside - it was so fun to hear her talk!! After presents, we went to Grandma Skinner's for her traditional Christmas breakfast, another thing that Christmas wouldn't be the same without. We spent the rest of the day with Clay's parents, resting, eating and playing Grandma Julie's new Wii.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

I love traditions! They seem to bind us together as families!

jolly arora said...

hi.
your blog & blog pictures are so nice.
Free Hosting
Aman Toor