Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why?

I have had this question on my mind today. WHY did I have to lose my mother? WHY does a sweet little girl have to suffer with a brain tumor? WHY does cancer strike at anytime, to anyone? I am not feeling self pity, or even bitterness, just WHY? I know that our Lord has a plan, greater than we can even imagine. I just get frustrated not being able to see beyond today. I wonder when I will see the purpose in our trials - today, 20 years, 50 years or maybe not until the next life?

This is WHY I Relay. Being involved in the Relay for Life makes me feel like I am doing something, like I have a purpose that I can see NOW. I watched my mom fight for 4 years, I am continuing the battle for her. I Relay for those who are fighting, may they be cured. I Relay for those who have survived, may they never have to fight again. I Relay for those who have past, may their loved ones not go through the same battle. I Relay for all those who are cancer free, may they stay that way.

If you have never been touched by this terrible disease, chances are you will sometime in your life. If you would like to get involve, or even just donate to the cause, don't hesitate. You never know what tomorrow might bring. Here is my Relay web site, if you want more information, let me know.http://main.acsevents.org/site/TRC/RelayForLife/RFLFY09GW?pg=peditor&fr_id=17752&px=3705624





I have learned to count my many blessings. I was blessed to have my mom for 30 years. I have a beautiful daughter that has no health problems. I have a very active boy who is healthy and happy. I have a hard working, loving husband to support me through my trials. I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows me so well. I have a wonderful life!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I always remember your mom as being a sweet and soft spoken lady. I always really liked her. I'm so sorry you lost her. Like you, I often find myself asking questions and I don't always know the answers. I miss the moments my mom and I will never have or the moments she will never have with my kids. It is almost surreal sometimes that she is not there. I'm sure you know what I mean. But like you I have so many blessings. You are such an inspiration to me that you have channeled your loss towards a good cause and you want to help other people. I really admire you.

Joanie said...

I've learned that I don't need to know the why... I just need to know the how. HOW is to put my complete trust in my Heavenly Father and know that He loves me and that it will all be ok... it has to be ok
Love you,
Joanie