Thursday, September 11, 2008

Timber!

Last weekend we went and got our first load of wood. The kids love going, including Clay. Beau thinks he is big enough to do everything that his Dad does. He quickly realized that his chainsaw doesn't really cut, so he had to use Dad's, with a lot of help. Beau wouldn't leave the spray paint marker alone, I finally had to hide it from him. When he got bored, he would come over and say "Mom, want to go for a walk with me." Bailey just loves to be in the mountains. Her favorite thing about getting wood is trying on everyones gloves - she thinks they are hand puppets. This time she didn't wander away, so I was able to help out quite a bit. Both kids were so good and we all had a great day. Only one more load and we are done for the winter!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Jeralyn,

I remember going to get wood for the winter when I was little. There is something about being out in the woods with your family and smelling the fresh cut wood. I didn't think people did that anymore, I wish I could come live where you are! Hope all is well with your cute family! Your little boy reminds me of Jim every time I see a picture of him.